Monday, December 03, 2007

Riding in Cradle Mountain country


I've never ridden a horse before (if you don't count the donkeys on Scarborough beach), so the idea of a half-day ride in the Cradle Mountain foothills appealed to me.
Having my grandson, Jake, visit me, was a great excuse to do something I had wanted to do for a long time.
It was great!
The horses were placid and walked most of the time.
I was suprised how steep the gradients were but we made it and the views were magnificent.
Haing done it once, I must do it again one day.
And it will all help if I ever get back to writing my Patagonia story.

Photo: Jacob and his mount taken when we stopped for morning tea

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Margaret,
Life seems very different for you now in Tasmania. It is good to read that you are getting out and about, there seems to be so many things to do and see. Bravo for the horseriding and also conquering heights!!

M. C. Muir said...

Hi Jan
I hope you had a good Christmas and am wondering where in Australia you spent it.
All the best for 2008.
Happy travels!
Marg